[?] The Template Saga

Those of you using IE who are trying to read this text behind your scroll bar -- I am at a very significant loss as to what to do for you. I am on the verge of making the page sense what browser one is using in order to pick which css style sheet to use, and just making a very vanilla style sheet for IE uers so their poor browser does not cough up a hair ball trying to render a slightly-exotic set of css formatting commands.

My very real problem is that you-all are like 60% of my browser share. A stats hog like me can't just ignore 60% of you and your aesthetic sweet tooth for web design.

I'm still working on it. It's taking time away from real blogging and Christmas shopping and reading other blogs and (oh yeah -- heh!) work that I get paid for, but I'm working on it. Thanks to those who have tried to e-mail me some help, btw: your solutions are nice, but they don't get the cat out of the tree as they say at the fire department.

All I want for Christmas at this point is a blogger template that renders correctly in IE and Firefox that meets my ridiculously-poor standard of web page fruity goodness.

0 comments: