Senator Biden

Let me tell you why I love the run-up to Presidential elections: I love to see Senator Joseph Biden pretend that he can legitimately run for the Oval Office.

I mean, you can't script stuff like this:
Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., had this to say about fellow presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., during a recent interview:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy ... I mean, that's a storybook, man."
OK. Everybody Christian and all that, right? Gospel and love of fellow men?

Two questions:

[1] When you read this, who wasn't already thinking this? Especially among the Democrats?

[2] Do you think that Biden was serious about running for president in the first place -- or can we safely say that his job inside the Democratic party is the national political equivalent of a "bruiser" in NHL hockey?

0 comments: