Since we're on the subject ...

... let me refer you to this essay by John Piper. It's about the apologetic endeavor, and I'd say that I'm with him on this.

I'd also like to cite this values statement from DGM, partiularly this portion:
4. Humble Authenticity
    “We are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ” (2 Cor 2:17).

    God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble” (Jam 4:6).
We seek to be what we preach and teach. We desire our personal lives and organizational structure and policies to give explicit evidence that we treasure Jesus Christ above all things. We will pursue loving, gracious honesty in all of our communication. We will also seek to serve others and consider them more important than ourselves. In disagreements will seek to assume the best of others and ask clarifying questions before making judgments. When we have offended another we will be quick to confess our errors and sins, pursue reconciliation, and make necessary changes.
And in that spirit, I'd like to do something I think I have learned a lot about over the years: I'd like to apologize to anyone who, in the past, I have not treated in this way. That doesn't include anyone I have banned from this blog's comments as I have been (as the record will underscore) exceedingly patient with those I have dealt with anathemaciously, but it does include some with whom I should have taken a day off before responding to them.

Consider these ground rules for me in the future.

0 comments: